Since our first client approached us more than a decade ago, CARNEVALE has consistently pursued the unknown. What we have found are answers that spark the imagination and solve complex business challenges.
While we create sophisticated websites and apps, we are more often providing solutions that go beyond the confines of desktop and mobile device screens. These include a growing number of user experiences that rely on “smart” physical objects embedded with software or sensors, commonly known as Internet of Things (IoT). Clients also turn to us for virtual/augmented reality applications and context-specific software that enhance our experience not only online, but also as we go about our everyday lives.
Through relationships as varied as Viacom, Mattel, NYSE, Pfizer, Traeger Grills, National Geographic, and Rockstar Games, we’re finding the need for prescient solutions is expanding, not shrinking.
Ready to go somewhere new? Join our team, and create the next generation of user experiences with us.
We're looking for a passionate and pragmatic UI/UX designer to join the premier experience design agency in the region. The Junior UI/UX Designer position is part of our Grand Rapids-based design team, and will be involved from early strategic design through specification and implementation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with senior creative staff and clients on a range of projects
- Producing design specifications and assets for web and software implementation
- Communicating with team members and clients to receive feedback
- Supporting the team throughout the execution of projects
Additionally, you'll need:
- Expertise in Sketch, InVision, Principal, Axure, and similar prototyping tools
- Familiarity with Adobe CreativeSuite, especially Illustrator and Photoshop
- Attention to detail with a strong focus on organization, logic, and analysis
- Appreciation and consideration of technical requirements and constraints
- Some creative industry experience
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- Game design background
- Knowledge of user experience best-practices
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS development
Benefits and Perks we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Work on highly visible sites and applications
- Extraordinary medical care coverage for you and your family
- 401(k) with employer matching funds
- Attend a national design conference each year
- 4-day work weeks all summer long
- Matching funds for YMCA membership
- STR!VE health membership
- CARNEVALE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.