Since our first client approached us more than a decade ago, CARNEVALE has consistently pursued the unknown. What we have found are answers that spark the imagination and solve complex business challenges.
While we create sophisticated websites and apps, we are more often providing solutions that go beyond the confines of desktop and mobile device screens. These include a growing number of user experiences that rely on “smart” physical objects embedded with software or sensors, commonly known as Internet of Things (IoT). Clients also turn to us for virtual/augmented reality applications and context-specific software that enhance our experience not only online, but also as we go about our everyday lives.
Through relationships as varied as Viacom, Mattel, NYSE, Pfizer, Traeger Grills, National Geographic, and Rockstar Games, we’re finding the need for prescient solutions is expanding, not shrinking.
Ready to go somewhere new? Join our team, and create the next generation of user experiences with us.
We're looking for a passionate and pragmatic developer to join the premier next generation experience agency in the region. The AR/VR Emerging Tech Developer position is part of our Grand Rapids-based design and development team, and will be involved from concept through to prototype and deployment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prototype and build next generation AR/VR products in Unity/Unreal/C#/ARKit/ARCore/WebVR
- Work closely with the design team to concept and iterate on product ideas
- Build prototypes with the latest hardware, including Meta 2, Vive/Rift/Microsoft VR, Daydream
- Develop optimized code using best-in-class practices
- Document the development process for team and client communication
Additionally, you'll need:
- 2+ years of development experience with Unity and 3D graphics
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or related field
- Attention to detail with a strong focus on organization, logic, and analysis
- Experience in creating user experiences and rapid prototypes
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve quality and process
- Experience in VR or game development
- Experience with Kintect, Leap Motion, or gestural recognition
- Experience in SLAM
Benefits and perks we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent medical care coverage for you and your family
- 401(k) with employer matching funds
- Attend a national development conference each year
- Matching funds for YMCA membership
- Work on highly visible sites and applications
- CARNEVALE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.